Scientific and research activity:
- Research on concrete silos for loose materials.
- Research on concrete load-bearing systems of high buildings.
- Research on ballistic shelters and building elements of protective buildings.
- Research on rheological properties of cement slurries.
- Research on durability and load of building elements.
- Concrete protective building.
- Energy-efficient building.
- Passive building
- Water and irrigation building.
- Building physics.
- Hydraulic model research.
- Plumbing systems of water buildings.
- Infrastructure of road and rail transport.
- Wide spread constructions.
- Functional modeling of surfaces and foundations of roads and railways and transport buildings.
- Renewable energy sources.
- Designing of construcions resistant to exceptionally heavy loads.
- Inventory building optimisation.
- Efficient shaping of steel and concrete bridge constructions.
- Stability and load-bearing capacity of layered constructions.
- Technologies of casual, hydrotechnical, waterproof and special concretes.
- Theory of building designing.
- Durability of concrete, steel and wooden buildings.
- Utilization of asbestos-cement blocks.
- Using waste materials in concrete technology.
- Durability of old steel rail bridges.
Cooperation with economy an administration:
The staff of the Department cooperate with local government units and firms in matters related to water supply, sewage systems, purification systems, preparation of water-legal documentation on water-wastewater management as well as the assessment of technical condition of agricultural buildings.