Scientific and research activity:
- landscape and dendrological expertises,
- engineering, design and protection of landscape in river valleys,
- stone in landscape architecture,
- landscape in the plans of national parks, nature reserves and scenic parks,
- landscape in studies and plans of land management,
- engineering constructions in landscape,
- assessment of the influence of planned investments on landscape and environment,
- protection, perception and cultural identity,
- protection of nature and plans of protected areas,
- transformations of town, rural and suburban landscape,
- revalorisation of historic engineering and fortification complexes in landscape,
- recultivation of degraded areas,
- revitalisation of town and rural parks,
- revalorisation of historic parks,
- social and legal aspects of landscape management,
- garden art,
- water in architecture,
- development of recreation, sports and exhibition areas.
Within the Institute, there are: Art Studio, Project Studio, „Green Roof” Laboratory (preparation stage) and two research stations at the “Stawy Milickie” reserve and the Lipki-Oława polder.
Cooperation with economy and administration:
The Institute cooperates with local self-governments of Lower Silesia and Opole Silesia within the Leader programme, revitalisation and development of rural areas and other initiatives.