Major research areas:
Natural, agrotechnical and economic aspects of crop production
- Agrotechnical aspects of growing new cereal cultivars.
- Research on potato cultivars’ resistance to virus and fungal diseases and their control with respect to other agrotechnical factors.
- The effect of certain agrotechnical factors on technological value of sugar beet cultivars.
- New technologies in growing legumes: peas, yellow and narrow-leaf lupin and faba bean.
- Improvements in growing winter and spring rape, and linseed taking into account the effect of forecrop, fertilisation and weed and disease control on the value of raw material.
- Sole and bicropping cultivation of maize with legumes and other C4 crops for fodder.
- Proecological aspects of growing energy crops: Miscanthus (Miscanthus x giganteus), willow (Salix viminalis) and prairie cordgrass (Spartina pectinata).