Ghent University would like to inform you about the opportunities offered to EU-students within the framework of the Erasmus Mundus Action 1. Since 2010, EU-students can also benefit from dedicated scholarships to participate in Erasmus Mundus Master Courses or Joint Doctoral Programmes. Currently, Ghent University and its partner universities are offering the following joint programmes:
- International Master of Science in Rural Development
- European Master in Law and Economics
- European Master in Nuclear Fusion Science and Engineering Physics
- Erasmus Mundus Master of Science in Photonics
- European Master of Science in Nematology
- International Master of Science in Fire Safety Engineering
- Common European Master Course in Biomedical Engineering
- International Master of Science in Environmental Technology and Engineering
- Joint Doctorate in Marine Ecosystem Health and Conservation
Erasmus Mundus Action 1 Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. During their programme students are obliged to study in at least two EU-countries, different from the country where they obtained their last degree. Certain programmes also offer the possibility for short stays in non-EU-countries. Successful students are awarded a double or joint degree.
Application for enrolment and scholarships is directly through the secretariats of these programmes. The application period for next academic year lasts till January 2011. For more information on these programmes, please contact the programmes directly, through the web-links above.